Tuesday 27 June 2017

My Third Month in Australia

Okay, so I'm three months into my five and a half months in Australia. Seriously where is the time going? My flight home is coming around so fast.


My third month brought many things but travelling somewhere new like in my previous months was not one of them. Though I did book flights to Perth in August which I am really excited about.  I'll be spending three weeks there before I return to Sydney for one final weekend before I head home. Insert crying face here. 

So the fun things about this month included lots of alcohol, seeing an old friend from when I was an Au Pair in America, seeing more of what Sydney has to offer, visiting Vivid over and over, a Full Moon Party, doing the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk and finally visiting the Blue Mountains. 

Full Moon Party

I spent a lot of time at my favourite bar in Sydney with Lucy. It has a nice vibe and is great on a night out. During the day it sells food that is quite good and relatively cheap. They also do Happy Hour every day from 4-6pm, so who can resist $5 drinks? Apparently not Lucy or I.

Drunk at The Scary Canary 

On one of my days off I also went on a solo caffeine adventure to The Grounds of Alexandria. The Grounds of Alexandria is in Sydney's West, located in the industrial precinct of the 1920s. It boasts some of Sydney's best coffee, chic cafes and restaurants and the most amazing fresh flower market. It had such a chilled out vibe, there are flowers and fairy lights everywhere and it just has such a nice atmosphere. I bought a hot chocolate and wandered around in awe at how pretty everything was. I am yet to try the cafes or restaurants, but I'd definitely love to before I leave Sydney because I've heard such good things about the food there.

The Grounds of Alexandria

The Grounds of Alexandria

The Grounds of Alexandria

Vivid was also one of my favourite events that I've seen in Sydney. I know I mentioned it in my last post, but I went back into the CBD every week to see it again. Lucy and I went to see the show at Darling Harbour and it was raining so hard we were soaking and cold. That didn't take away from how incredible the light show was, though. It took place over the harbour using lights and water. I honestly have no idea how they did it, but it was pretty spectacular. Also visited the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Royal Botanic Gardens about three or four more times and it just got better. I'm so grateful I was able to see such a popular event, I can totally see why it is so well loved. 

Darling Harbour

Royal Botanic Gardens

Royal Botanic Gardens

When I was an Au Pair in America, I met Scarlett who is from London and we went to Connecticut one weekend together and visited Stamford and Yale and did all the fun stuff. Just so happens that Scarlett is currently an Au Pair in Melbourne and she came to Sydney for the weekend a few weeks ago. The weather was rubbish - cold, windy and rainy, but that didn't stop us from doing the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk which spans for 6km in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. It's a fairly easy walk and took around two hours, passing Tamarama, Bronte, Clovelly and Gordon's Bay along the way. If you read this blog often then you know I'm a huge lover of coastal walks, this one was no different. It was pretty perfect, despite the crappy weather - I can only imagine how beautiful it would be when the sun is shining. By the time we arrived in Coogee we were both pretty hungry, so we headed back into Sydney for some food and ended up at the Scary Canary (don't give me that look) where we had some food and a few drinks. It was so lovely having a proper catch up with Scarlett. 

Bondi to Coogee

Bondi to Coogee

Bondi to Coogee

Bondi to Coogee

Bondi to Coogee

Lucy and I finally visited the Blue Mountains this past Sunday and it was incredible. Even though it was absolutely freezing, the views were amazing and definitely made up for how cold and tired we were. I'm not going to say too much about the visit just yet as I'll be writing a separate post, so keep your eyes peeled.

Blue Mountains National Park

Blue Mountains National Park

However, my third month wasn't all fun and games. I worked quite a lot this month and my sleeping has been pretty non existent which left me feeling very drained. For the latter of the month, I've felt very run down. There has been a lot of physical fatigue, my skin is the been the worst its been in years. I've also spent a lot of the month feeling quite anxious which has been really difficult and has had a massive impact on my mood. My previous months have been amazing and fun, and while I did have some fun this month, I felt very distracted trying to deal with how anxious I was feeling. Doesn't matter where you are in the world, if you suffer from any form of mental health issue it's something that never really goes away. 

But anyway, lets see what month four has to offer.

Love,
Brogan
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig