Tuesday 10 January 2017

Back again


I seem to have a love/hate relationship with blogging. I always start with the intention of blogging consistently, though for whatever reason I never seem to continue with it. There's a reason why I always come back to it and that's because I enjoy having a space that is my own where I can share my thoughts, whatever they may be.

So it's the New Year. I eagerly waved goodbye to 2016. It was a whirlwind of a year, one that was filled with really high highs and some really low lows. It was a horrible year for politics, for humanitarian crises and for celebrity deaths. 2016 seemed to be relentless in the pain that it caused. On a personal level, the majority of the year was fairly decent, with the last two months being extremely difficult, stressful and painful.

I am fully aware that the start of a New Year should not be a reason to have a 'fresh start', that you can change anything at any time of the year. Having said that, one of my New Year's resolutions is to document my life more. I have decided to do this in various ways across various platforms. The reason being is that everyone seems to document the big and exciting things that happen in their life. I get it, I do it myself and they are things that are exciting to share and allow you to reflect on the kind of year you've had, what you've achieved and how you feel about it. I am still interested in documenting the big things in my life this year, but I'm also interested in documenting the little things too. I want to be able to remember and reflect upon the amazing and exciting things I do, but I also want to remember and reflect upon the seemingly boring and mundane. I know this may seem odd, but generally, the seemingly boring and mundane makes up the majority of my everyday life.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll write about yet or how often I'll write - my intention is just to write. I've always loved writing and find it extremely cathartic. This year I'm really focussing on my personal development in many different areas of my life and I'll be able to use this platform to document the success of that. Using this platform will allow me to look back at how far I've come and remember (in detail) about the small and big adventures that 2017 offered me.

Love,
Brogan
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig